- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (canned)
- 2 links (1/2 lb) chorizo, removed from casings & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 13oz can coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cooked rice
Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed pot. Add the onions, garlic and carrots. Add the chipotle peppers with 1-2 tsp of the adobo sauce. Cook, stirring, for about 5-6 minutes or until the onions have softened.
Add the chorizo and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
Add the beans, tomatoes, coconut milk, bay leaves and cumin. Stir to combine and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the cilantro and cook for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve with rice.