One of the reasons we went with a diesel (7.3L) was to improve its’ ease for towing this:
Should make it a breeze to handle.
Last week we finally needed to get some new tires on the whale shark, pick out some 285/75/R16 BFG TA/KO’s with the correct load range and here we go!
Next on my list is the Ham radio and what will eventually be some sort of Travel/Expo trailer
Picked up this F-250 last summer, it came with a some 38 inch tires and a lift kit. chose to swap that with a local fella for the the stock suspension. I wanted to keep more of the towing ability for heavy loads.
I do not have every detail worked out yet but I do have a basic concept nailed down, along with some directions.
- Head unit to (control DVD, HD, Nav, iPod, Sirius, Backup Camera)
- 2 smaller screens in the head rests
- Sat Radio
- Custom Front Bumper
- Road Armor rear bumper
- Jerry Cans of some sort for fuel
- Amp Research power steps
- Custom rock sliders
- Ham & CB Radio
- Extreme Outback Air Compressor & Tank
- Coil Air Hose, Tips, Trigger Inflator with Gauge
- Custom Roof Rack
- An Awning of some kind on the rank and a matching unit on the trailer
- Glassworks Unlimited fiberglass fenders w/ white paint
- Solar battery charger
- Power Inverter
- Shovel / axe / mount
- Rhino Liner on lower portion of truck, and bed
- Back up camera
- High Output Alternator